Saturday, April 5, 2008

Is Dr. Phil really a doctor?

Don't she just make you wanna smile?? Cute outfit eh? Just before her first walmart trip. She slept through it, oh well.
Anyway? I watched a segment on Dr. Phil the other day about a mother and teenage son that were having issues getting along. The boy was a high school basketball champ and he was
going on about how his mother had no right to say she had any part of who he had become. Phil is siding with the boy on this. Mom says that her being there at his games growing up was a big part of his success. Well, Dr. Phil went of on her saying " I am sure he would have figured out how many points in a basket without you." ok. well, don't you think that a boy would try just a little harder when his parents are watching? Couldn't making his mom proud be a major factor in his accomplishment. Heck yes. Both sons play sports and I never pushed once. I just show up and cheer them on. They both quit the ones they didn't like and got good at the ones they did.

3 comments:

Mainegrandmother said...

What an adorable pic!!! She's such a cutie!!! I think you're a great father and Dr. Phil no longer has a practicing license! What the hell does he know anyway??!! All you have to do is look at families whose mom don't care...and see what those kids turn out like!! Love you!! Some crash Mcdonald ? had in qualifying, huh??

LynAC said...

Nice sweater and hat!

As a mom who now has had to get 2 guys to Civil Air Patrol stuff, I just have to say that without his mom--he'd have had to do a whole lot of walking. So then maybe he'da been a hiker instead?

Dr. Phil is an idiot and I do not watch him. I only watch really good stuff like House Hunters. lol The boys think I'm nuts. They want to watch stuff like Myth Busters and Dog Fights (war planes).

LynAC said...

BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Zeke said I should apologize for making you cry by playing that record at the sad part but why should I apologize for your being such a little wuss baby anyway?
roflol