Monday, December 31, 2007

Ode to cold climates and snow





I, unlike my cold blooded relatives, love winter. I took a drive to Bingham this a.m. and it was beautiful. It's always a little calmer and warmer when it's snowing. The flakes were big and fluffy and the trees were glistening a little when the sun tried to come out. Maine is like my little Alaska. The crowds of snowmobilers were gathered at all the little country stores getting coffee and fueling up. The thing that gets me is that I could count on 1 hand the number of children out playing. When I was growing up my parents couldn't get me and my runny nose to come in. What is with kids nowadays? Video games and cable TV have replaced snow forts and toboggans. We are gonna ring in the new year right here with snacks and scene it. The kids are all here, 2 with their insignificant others. English muffin pizza's anyone???!!

2 comments:

Mainegrandmother said...

Awwww...that sounds like fun! Except for the pizzas! I was all alone (sniff, sniff) and rang in the new year with Dick Clark! Glad you love the snow..looks like you'll be getting more today! I used to play outside alot when I was a kid too...just don't wanna anymore! Love you all!!

LynAC said...

dang, you're insane! Alaska?????